Chris Marano, RH (AHG), MA, BS
“The body has an innate ability to maintain, balance, heal and correct itself. As an herbalist, I educate people, more so than treat conditions. I offer lifestyle and nutritional suggestions as well as custom-blended herbal preparations to help facilitate an individual’s natural healing processes.”
About Chris Marano:
A therapeutic herbalist since 1993, Chris draws upon his skills, experience and studies in Chinese, Native American, and Western herbal health traditions to offer Wellness Consultations for a wide range of health issues.
- Graduate of Herbal Therapeutics School of Botanic Medicine
- MA degrees in Science Education from Columbia Teachers College
- BS degree in Pre-Medicine and Chinese Philosophy from Columbia University
- Founder of Clearpath Herbals, offering Wellness consultations and high-quality herbal preparations
- 35 Years of study , teaching, and published writing of Chinese Buddhism, Meditation, and Philosophy
- 25 Years study and practice of Cherokee and Annishnabe Medicine traditions
- Founder of Clearpath School of Herbal Medicine, dedicated to the teaching of Herbal Medicine, Earth-based wisdom and sustainability.
- Teacher of herbalism at the University of Massachusetts Amherst.
- Registered Herbalist with the American Herbalist Guild (AHG)
Allergies and food sensitivities
Heart and Circulatory conditions
Injury, Trauma, Pain
Performance and Health
Respiratory illnesses and Asthma
Stress and Anxiety
What is Herbal Medicine?
Herbs are the most widely used remedies in the world, time-tested for tens of thousands of years. Herbs are as much nourishing foods as they are medicines, and most have far fewer side effects than the mildest pharmaceutical drugs. As nutrition and medicine, herbs are useful for maintaining health and balance as well as addressing acute, chronic and constitutional health concerns.
Disease is the body’s inability to respond effectively to stress, imbalance, or invasion. While herbs do relieve symptoms, they work better and more suitably at the source of illness, helping the body to return to ease, balance and health.
Medicinally potent on their own, herbs become even more successful when part of an overall health program that includes lifestyle and nutritional guidance. Herbs also supplement and complement modern medicine.
Herbal Remedies – My botanic medicines include mostly tinctures (extracts), and also tea blends, oils, flower essences and powders. The herbs I use are organically cultivated, conscientiously wildcrafted, or procured from the highest quality sources, ensuring optimum strength and freshness. Tinctures are extracted in a range of solvents including organic alcohol, distilled water, vegetable glycerin, and vinegar.
The Initial Visit
Full consultations last 90 minutes to 2 hours, allowing for a personal and in-depth conversation about your health concerns and history, concluding with non-invasive diagnostics and advice. You will receive a written Wellness Program that includes suggestions for lifestyle and nutrition and one or more customized herbal preparations that addresses your needs.
Follow up Visit
Are used to gauge your progress with your Wellness Program. Adjustments to the program are made at that this time. Follow-up visits are generally shorter and often can be held via phone or e-mail.